Funny things
I was selling t-shirts today and sold two to prospective parents:

mom 1: Yeah my son is a junior and trying to figure out where he wants to go
me: Oh how exciting! Is BC his first choice?
mom 1: No... well.. he's being kind of laissez-faire about school right now.
me: ....

---------

mom2: Oh these are great, I'll get one!
me: Thanks so much!
mom2: are they one size fits all?

---------

selling cookies in the dining hall tonight...

me: cookies for a cause! $5 from your meal plan, support our service trip!
crazy accent guy: What?
me: Would you like to buy cookies? Only $5 from your meal plan!
CAG: I don't really like cookies... and we have better chocolate in Switzerland.


Ouch, gotta admit that one hurt a bit. I wanted to tell him that if that's how he feels about it, Switzerland is just dying to have him back. This is Amurrica and don't you err forget it!
2 Responses
  1. Mike Says:

    Not to be all William Safire or anything, but this is the second or third time in the last couple days that I've seen the L-F word so horribly misused.

    Dictionary.com:

    lais⋅sez faire
       /ˌlɛseɪ ˈfɛər; Fr. lɛseɪ ˈfɛr/ [les-ey fair; Fr. le-sey fer]
    –noun
    1. the theory or system of government that upholds the autonomous character of the economic order, believing that government should intervene as little as possible in the direction of economic affairs.
    2. the practice or doctrine of noninterference in the affairs of others, esp. with reference to individual conduct or freedom of action.

    It does not mean "slacker" or "lazy" or have any such connotation.

    Harrumph!

    Re: Swiss dude. You tell 'em.


  2. Keavy Says:

    I know it doesn't! I think she meant to say blase but... got confused. Or, she's just stupid.