Forgetfulness?
I can't remember if I've mentioned this here before, but I've recently been reminded of ... well, reminders.

I constantly feel like my life is going by so quickly, especially my college life. It seems like it was just yesterday when I was narrowing down my choices, deciding between Fordham and BC... Or orientation last summer... It all just seems to have gone by so quickly and here I am almost halfway done with my undergrad years.

Anyway, my point (and I suppose the point of any sort of journaling/blogging) is that I keep remembering all of these little parts of my life that I completely forgot had happened... and when I do remember them I am sort of shocked that I ever forgot about them.

For example, a discussion I had with my volunteer supervisor, Doug, at Haley House the other day instantly brought to mind a bet I made with the ceramics teacher at Open Arts Studio in my senior year of high school. The radio was playing classic rock- 95.7 or 102.5, I can't remember, but a version of The Who's 5:15 (I think) came on, except the voice was totally wrong. I swore up and down it was Eddie Vedder doing a cover whereas Ty (the ceramics teacher) swore it was the original version by The Who. Now, anyone who knows me will agree that I will not let a situation like this lie... so I did what anyone equally obsessed with music and being right would do and emailed the radio station. I remember that three DJs emailed me back, all saying my co-worker was nuts and that I should rub my victory in his face.

Of course I didn't need telling twice.
2 Responses
  1. Mike Says:

    I just remembered getting rained on in The Bronx like we were in flippin' Hurricane Rita or something.


  2. Keavy Says:

    That was madness indeed. Those creepy furry black socks that turned my feet colors...